I've recently discovered that if put my smoothie in a bowl and add ingredients differently, as opposed to blending them in a drinkable form, it becomes a more substantial meal. Maybe something about the varying textures, or how each bite is nuanced. Or maybe just how much fun it is playing with toppings.
Here's one I'm partial to these hot, hot mornings:
Tropical Smoothie BowlIngredients:
- 1 Mango, chopped
- 1 Kiwi, sliced
- 1 cup Papaya, chopped
- 1 tbsp Chia seeds
- Toasted coconut chips
1. Soak the chia seeds in a little water till it gets a gel-like texture. This can also be done the previous night and stored in the fridge.
2. Blend the mango, half the amount of papaya, and the chia seeds till smooth.
3. Pour into a bowl and arrange the remaining papaya and kiwi slices
4. Add toasted coconut chips and drizzle with a little honey
- If you like your smoothies a little creamy, add a dollop of yogurt or a banana while blending
- If you like them a little runny, add water or any milk
- Rotate your toppings to keep it interesting - toasted almond flakes, chopped walnuts, dried berries, crunchy granola, peanut butter, raw cacao nibs etc.