On one of those days when you realize winter is over but you still have a fridge full of apple, this recipe will be your savior. Easy and comforting, and reminding you of the season gone by.
- 2 cups apples, diced or sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped cranberries
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Grease an oven-proof dish and dust with a little sugar
- Add the apples and cranberries to a bowl and sprinkle with cinnamon. Set aside for 10 minutes
- In another bowl, whisk the eggs, sugar and salt.
- Add the flour and mix well. Then add the milk and vanilla extract. Mix until all the elements are well blended. It should be a runny mixture. Finally, stir in the melted butter.
- Arrange the fruit in the oven-proof dish and pour the batter over it.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes till you see a nice golden brown color and the clafoutis is puffed.