After looking for and trying many different recipes - each more complicated than the last - we came up with a delicious and healthy loaf and it's definitely going to be part of our repertoire.
- 1 cup oats
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 2 bananas, peeled and chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 100 gms chocolate
- Preheat oven to 180°C
- Line a loaf tin with parchment paper, lightly grease the paper
- Melt the chocolate over a double-broiler or in the microwave and set aside to cool
- Add all the other ingredients in a mixing bowl and blend until smooth and creamy (about a minute on high speed)
- Pour half the batter in the tin making sure to spread it evenly. Pour the melted chocolate as a second layer. Finish with the remaining half of the batter.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until the top of the loaf browns and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- This recipe can also be used to make muffins. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- We used 72% dark chocolate but in case you like it sweeter, substitute it with milk chocolate
- This recipe is gluten-free and sugar-free. The yogurt can be substituted with coconut or almond yogurt to make it dairy-free as well.